This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread is a deliciously moist and fresh quick bread loaded with blueberries and bright lemon flavor. The quick bread is the perfect addition to any brunch menu!
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread is basically a delicious breakfast muffin, in sliceable bread form! In fact, you can use this recipe to make muffins if you’d like! Just divide the batter up amongst muffin tins instead of bread pans.
There is something so complimentary and fresh about the two flavors together, lemon and blueberry. They happen to be a favorite combination of mine! If you haven’t already, you definitely need to check out this Lemon Blueberry Jam! TA-DIE-FOR!
How to make Lemon Blueberry Quickbread
Making this quick bread is not only fast because there is no yeast (so it doesn’t have to rise) but the batter comes together in just minutes!
First, we will cream together butter, sugar, eggs and Lemon Extract (this is found down the baking isle by the vanilla extract. We are not talking about lemon juice here.)
Then we will add in the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt. If you want your bread to look more yellow and lemon-like, feel free to add a few drops of yellow food coloring.
Next we will take frozen blueberries that have been thawed and rinsed and fold them into the batter.
Equally divide the batter amongst two 8 inch bread pans.
Bake at 350° for about 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Can Quick Bread be frozen?
Yes, quick bread freezes extremely well. I would suggest letting the quick bread cool completely, slice and then freeze with parchment paper in between each slice or in individual zip top bags.
When reheating the quick bread, just pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. That should do the trick.
Can you make this Quick Bread ahead of time?
Can I let you in on a little secret?? I actually like this quick bread betterday two. *gasp!* I know! The longer the bread rests, the more moist it gets, the more the flavors blend. Mmmmm! Seriously, if you are thinking about making it ahead of time, DO IT! 24 hours beforehand is the perfect timeframe.
Just make sure to let the bread cool completely and then store in either an air tight container or a gallon sized zip top bag.
If you loved what you saw here, get more of it on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
Want more Sweet Breads?
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Blueberry Quick Bread
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Easy Monkey Bread
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two loaf pans with non stick spray.
- Using either an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, lemon extract and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Slowly start to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- As the dry ingredients are being mixed into the butter mixture, slowly pour the milk into the batter.
- Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, turn the speed up and whip the batter until extremely smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter among two loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden. The loaves should pass the toothpick test before taking out of the oven.
- Let cool completely before slicing or serving.