Oreo Brookies (or sometimes called Slutty Cookies) are a half Chocolate Chip Cookie, half Triple Chocolate Cookie stuffed with an entire Oreo and peanut butter topped with Sea Salt. This is a Cookies & Dreams Copycat Recipe.
This post is a collaboration with Cookies & Dreams. I received compensation, but all photos, recipes and opinions are my own.
Cookies & Dreams Slutty Cookie Recipe
When Cookies & Dreams reached out and wanted to collaborate with me in recreating one of their cookie recipes.. I didn’t even have to think twice. YES. Steph + Brittany, with Cookies & Dreams, were kind enough to send over a package with a lot of their cookie flavors to try so I could try my hand at recreating one.
Can I just say, they all were SO good. The cookies came frozen, I just popped them in the oven for a few minutes to get them all warm and ooey gooey. Oh. My. Goodness. The chocolate chip cookie might have been the best I’d ever tasted in my entire life.. and THAT is saying something.
Cookies & Dreams ship their cookies nationwide- So if you would rather order a few flavors than make your own, be my guest! You can check out all of their flavors on the Cookies & Dreams website.
Out of all the cookie flavors I tried, I knew this cookie was the one I wanted to tackle. It is half Chocolate Chip Cookie, half Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie stuffed with an Oreo and Peanut butter. This is one heck of a cookie, and I knew I could create a recipe that was easy to tackle.
We are talking one cookie dough and at last minute we split it in half and add a few things here and a few things there to end up with our chocolate chip cookie dough and a triple chocolate cookie dough. It’s like magic and I am here for it!
Ingredients needed to make Brookie Oreo Cookies
- Butter– We are using salted butter in this recipe and we need it softened!
- Brown Sugar– This recipe only uses brown sugar. This lends to a super chewy cookie that has a deep almost caramely flavor to the dough.
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour– All purpose flour will do the trick. Nothing fancy needed here!
- Dutch Processed Cocoa– I use dutch processed for a richer chocolate taste and a deeper brown color. If you just have unsweetened cocoa powder on hand, that will work in a pinch, too.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips– To get super melty chocolate in your cookie, I recommend using the Ghirardelli brand of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Oreos– We will need 10-12 cookies. Make sure you have 12 just to be safe!
- Creamy Peanut Butter– This will go on top of the Oreos before they are stuffed inside of the cookie. Yum.
- Sea Salt– The cookie is finished off with some sea salt on top, this takes the cookie to an entirely new level!
How to Make Brookie Cookies stuffed with Oreos + Peanut Butter
Let me tell you, this is one cookie that looks mega complicated, but it really isn’t. TRUST.
To start, we are going to cream together our softened butter and brown sugar for about 2-3 minutes. It should be very smooth and creamy. Scrape the bowl and then add in your eggs and vanilla.
Once that is all mixed together, we will add in *most* of the dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt get mixed in. Once all of that is incorporated you will have a very soft and almost sticky dough. At this point, we are going to split the dough in half.
Remove half of the dough and place it in a separate bowl. To the dough that is in the mixer, we will add a little more flour and some semi sweet chocolate chips. Once that is combined, we will swap the doughs, taking out the chocolate chip cookie dough and replacing it with the almost finished dough.
To the mixer we will add cocoa powder. Once that is fully incorporated, we will add in white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate chips. Voila, two doughs done with hardly any extra work!
The next step is to portion out the dough, you’ll want about 1/2 cup of total dough for each cookie, so 1/4 cup of chocolate chip and 1/4 cup of the triple chocolate chip. Press the two types of dough together to form one ball.
Next, on a silicone mat or parchment paper, flatten the ball completely. Spread about 1 tbsp of peanut butter on top of an oreo and then place the oreo (peanut butter side down) in the center of the smashed cookie dough.
Once the Oreo is in place, carefully wrap the cookie dough around the Oreo and then press the cookie dough into a hockey puck shape. The cookie will spread some, but not a whole lot while baking.
Repeat with the remaining dough and then press a sprinkle of sea salt onto the tops of the cookie dough before baking.
Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes. The cookie should be slightly golden brown when you take it out of the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve Warm.
Can I make the Brookies smaller?
Usually, yes but with this recipe probably not since you won’t have enough dough to go around the Oreo! You could definitely make them smaller if you wanted to just omit the Oreo and peanut butter in the middle.
Can I just buy these cookies instead?
YES! This is a copycat recipe from Cookies & Dreams. All of their cookies are DELISH. You can purchase and ship their cookies to your door if your visit the Cookies & Dreams website.
How to Store leftover cookies/ How to reheat cookies
You’ll want to store these cookies in an air tight container for sure. They will keep well on the counter for up to 3 days but the fresher they are the better. If you’d like them to last longer than that, You’ll want to freeze the cookies.
When you want to reheat your cookies to enjoy, just place them in a preheated 350° for 3-5 minutes.
More Cookie Recipes
Oreo Brookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/4 cup all purpose flour divided (4 cups + 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided (1 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 Oreos
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. It should be smooth and very creamy.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in 4 cups of all purpose flour, the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Separate the dough into two equal sections. Set one section aside, leaving the other in the mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of flour into the mixer with the dough and mix until well combined. Add in 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and mix until the chocolate chips are well distributed.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place the other half of the dough back into the mixer.
- Add in the cocoa powder and mix on low until completely combined.
- Once combined, add in the remaining 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Portion out the dough into 1/4 cup portions. Take one chocolate chip cookie portion and one triple chocolate cookie portion and press them together to make one large cookie dough ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- On a silicone baking mat or a sheet of parchment paper, take one cookie dough ball and smash it until flat and thin.
- Spread approx 1 tbsp of creamy peanut butter onto the top of an oreo and then place the oreo peanut butter side down in the center of the flat cookie dough.
- Carefully fold the edges of the cookie dough up and over the oreo, covering it completely. Pick up the cookie dough and press the dough together tightly, forming it into the shape of a hockey puck.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Press a sprinkle of sea salt onto the top of each cookie dough.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn golden brown, spread slightly and start to crackle.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.