A small batch of perfectly warm and chewy chocolate chip cookies straight from the air fryer! Crispy outside with a gooey inside. You are going to love these cookies!
Air Fryer Cookies
It has been hot here lately! I mean REALLY hot! Like record setting temperatures HOT! And most of the time, when the temperature outside gets that hot, the last thing I want to do is heat up my entire kitchen by turning on the oven. But you know me, I still need my cookie fix!
Enter the AIR FRYER!
If you are a little late to air fryer game, let me tell you, it’s a game changer! No preheating necessary and can get the job done without heating up my entire kitchen!
So I created a small batch of warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies specifically for the air fryer! And let me tell you, I am certainly not mad about it! It’s the perfect cookie recipe for hot summer days! Or for dorm room treats!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
All ingredient amounts and specific instructions are down below in the printable recipe card.
- Butter– I use salted butter because that is what I have on hand. If you only have unsalted, add an extra pinch of salt to the cookie dough.
- Brown Sugar- The combination of sugars will give you the perfect flavor and texture for these chocolate chip cookies.
- Egg Yolk
- Vanilla– I like Watkin’s or Lorann Oils brand.
- Flour- Just regular all purpose flour will do the trick.
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips– Use your favorite kind. I’ve used milk chocolate, semi sweet and bittersweet chocolate. They are delicious either way!
How to Make Air Fryer Cookies
With your mixer or by hand mix your butter and sugar together until creamy and well combined and smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again. You will want to keep mixing until it is light in color and creamy.
Now add your dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the dough once the flour is added, it will make your cookies dry and cakey.
Fold in the chocolate chips and divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
Here is the most important part: place your rolled cookie dough balls onto a pan of some sort. I use the bottom of my springform pan. You can use anything that is oven safe that fits in your air fryer. This is essential because the cookie needs a solid surface that gets hot to bake the cookies from the bottom up while the air fryer cooks the tops of the cookies.
I have tried and tried to make cookies in the air fryer with just parchment paper and they never fully bake. Trust me, use a pan.
Put your cookies in the air fryer at 300° and bake for 6-8 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the hot pan for 5 minutes before eating.
How to make one giant Cookie in the Air Fryer.
If you’d rather make one giant cookie (like me 🙂 ) this recipe is perfect for that! Instead of splitting the cookie dough into 6 portions, just roll it into one large cookie.
Flatten it slightly prior to putting it in the air fryer and cook at 300° for 8-11 minutes. Again, let the cookie cool on the pan prior to eating. (This helps the insides to finish baking!)
Can I bake these cookies in the oven?
Yes! This makes a great small batch of cookies. You can bake them in the oven at 350° for 8-11 minutes for the smaller cookies and 11-13 minutes for the giant cookie.
How to store leftover cookies
If you happen to have a few leftover, they are best stored in an air tight container on the counter. They should stay fresh for a few days.
More Cookie Recipes
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream together the butter and sugars until well combined.
- Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions for small cookies, or roll into one large ball for one giant cookie.
- Arrange the cookies on a non-stick air fryer pizza pan or another oven safe pan that fits in your air fryer. If it isn't nonstick, line the pan with parchment paper.
- For small cookies, leave the dough in balls and cook at 300° for 5-7 minutes. The cookies will be golden brown. For one giant cookie, flatten the cookie dough slightly before cooking. Cook at 300° for 8-11 minutes. The cookie will be golden brown and the top will begin to crack.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes for the small cookies or for 15 minutes for the giant cookie. Enjoy!