Quick & Easy Granola Bars that stay chewy and won’t fall apart! You can whip these up in a flash!
I am definitely more of a night owl than a morning person. Ever since having kids, I’m even less of a morning person and somehow I have an extreme morning child. I’m lucky to keep him in bed until 7:00 am. Most mornings he is up far earlier. He wakes up hungry & heads straight to the kitchen. Every morning, without fail, he grabs a granola bar.
Which brings me to this recipe- a granola bar he can eat first thing in the morning! These take 5 minutes to make, they are easy, they stay together & stay chewy! I know, I know.. you don’t believe me. I guess you’ve gotta give them a try then. 🙂
First you add butter, honey and brown sugar into the instant pot. Push the sauté button and then quickly push adjust until the ‘normal’ light is on. Stir until combined. Once the mixture starts to bubble set a timer for 2 minutes- once 2 minutes is up, take the inner pot out & set on a heat safe surface. Next you’ll add in the oats & cereal. Once that is combined you will pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8×8 pan. I like to use another glass container to help really pack the granola into the pan. Lastly, if you’d like, you can add mini chocolate chips to the top. We like little marshmallows too. 🙂 Now, the hardest part: waiting until they set. One hour on the counter will do the trick.
Good thing this recipe is quick & easy because you’ll probably need to make more tomorrow.
Instant Pot Granola Bars
Chewy granola bars made quick and easy in the Instant PotPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 12 bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats not rolled!
- 1 cup krispy rice cereal
- toppings optional
- Add butter, honey and brown sugar to Instant Pot. Push Saute, then adjust to the 'normal' heat setting
- Stir to combine, once the mixture begins to bubble set a timer for 2 minutes. Once the 2 minutes is up, take the inner liner out of the pot for the remainder of the recipe.
- Add the vanilla, oats and cereal to the melted mixture and combine well.
- Press into a greased 8x8 pan. Add desired toppings
- Cool on counter for at least an hour, then cut into rectangles. Store in an airtight container or zip bags for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from laurenslatest.com
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBENew recipe videos every Tuesday- Subscribe Now!