Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot not only cook quickly, but the inside is so tender and fluffy! Never bake your whole Sweet Potatoes again!
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
This Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker is a serious game changer when it comes to sweet potatoes. Those babies are hard to cut, take forever to bake.. you know. I know you know!
The Instant Pot is wonderful for so many things, the ‘set it and forget it’ is what is what I adore the very most. Let’s go from hard as a rock sweet potatoes to light and fluffy in easily under an hour.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot
Cooking Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot could not be easier! You’ll want to wash your potatoes really well, believe me, even if you think you’ve washed them the water beneath he potatoes in the Instant Pot after they have pressure cooked may give you the willies. 😉
So wash those sweet potatoes and then add a cup of water to the line of the Instant Pot and then set the sweet potatoes onto the trivet.
Really, that is it! That is all the prep that is needed.
How Long to cook Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot
The length of time to cook your sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot will depend greatly on the size of your sweet potatoes. The ones I had here, were giant. (Hey, there giant Sweet Potatoes!)
But let me say this, it is nearly impossible to overcook sweet potatoes. So when in doubt, up that time when it comes to your potatoes.
I recommend cooking regular sized sweet potatoes for 25 minutes on high pressure, quick releasing the pressures when the cook cycle is complete.
These giant ones above cooked for 35 minutes, for reference.
Sweet Potatoes cut in half made in the Instant Pot
If you are wanting to cut your sweet potatoes in half lengthwise prior to pressure cooking them, you can cut the cook time down to about 18 minutes.
Sweet Potatoes Cubed in the Instant Pot
If you would rather peel and cube your sweet potatoes prior to pressure cooking them, use a steamer basket and then pressure cook for 5 minutes.
Don't Miss Out!!
Get all things food with a splash of real life right to your inbox!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Check out my other Easy Instant Pot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Creamy Ziti
- Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Broccoli
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 1 sweet potato* washed
- 1 cup water
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet, or metal rack into the Instant Pot.
- Place your washed sweet potoato onto the rack.
- Close and lock the lid in place. Turn the knob to sealing.
- Press the Pressure Cook, or Manual, button and adjust the time to 25 mintues.
- Allow the pressure cooker to come up to pressure and cook for 25 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, quilckly release the pressure by turning the knob.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoe, split, fluff, dress and serve.