Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot is so simple, perfectly cooked every time! Add the optional Garlic Parmesan Butter for maximum flavor. This is the only way you’ll make Spaghetti Squash from now on!
Spaghetti Squash- Instant Pot
Making Spaghetti Squash in your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker will change your life. Baking the squash and heating up the whole house is a thing of the past!
Whether you pressure cook just your Spaghetti Squash and add your seasonings later or cook it with the delicious garlic butter rubbed on, you are going to love it! My mouth is watering just typing about it! *Insert drooling emoji here*
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
First, wash that spaghetti squash! 😉 next, you’ll cut off the top and bottom off of the spaghetti squash, and then cut it in half.
Use a spoon to remove the seeds inside of the squash.
If you want to pre-butter that spaghetti squash (which I highly recommend that you do!), now is the time! The butter consists of butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper and powdered parmesan cheese. Combine all of the ingredients and then use the back of a spoon to coat the inside of the squash.
To pressure cook the Spaghetti Squash, you will want to first add 1 1/2 cups of water to the liner of the Instant Pot. Then place the trivet (the little metal rack that came with the Instant Pot) into the pot. Place the Spaghetti Squash on to the trivet. If you are using the butter, try to keep the spaghetti squash upright so the butter doesn’t melt out while cooking. 😉
Close the lid, turn the knob to ‘sealing’. Set your Instant Pot for 7 minutes on high pressure (you can do this by pressing the pressure cook or manual button). The Instant Pot will say ‘ON’ while it heats up and is building pressure. Once the inside of the pot has reached the correct pressure the Instant Pot will start to count down.
After the 7 minute cook time is complete, quick release the pressure by turning the knob. CAREFULLY remove the spaghetti squash with tongs, making sure to not spill out any of that delicious garlic butter!
Use a fork to shred the Spaghetti Squash, letting that butter soak in and season all of the ‘noodles’.
Can I put two Spaghetti Squash in my Instant Pot?
If it fits, YES! If you have an 8qt you shouldn’t have any issue fitting two spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
More Instant Pot Recipes for you:
- Instant Pot Ziti
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Alfredo
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup water
- 1 spaghetti squash about 3 lbs
Garlic Parmesan Butter
- 1/4 cup butter softnened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot, insert the trivet.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds.
- Combine all ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan Butter and spread on the inside of the spaghetti squash, if desired.
- Place the spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot and cook on Manual (or Pressure Cook) HIGH for 7 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cook cycle has completed.
- Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash.
- Season with additional salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!