This versatile Shredded Beef will be the star of a variety of meals sure to please the whole family!
Roast beef was my absolute favorite growing up. My mom would cook it in the Crockpot for hours and hours just teasing my taste buds all day long. I loved how the shredded beef just melted in my mouth, and how you can do so much with it!
Now, I will make one roast into shredded beef and either freeze what I don’t immediately use or we eat a different meal using the leftover beef for the next 4 days. We don’t even get tired of it because this meat is SO versatile.
You can serve it over rice with gravy, make beef & rice roll ups, use it in fajitas, burritos, make a shepherds pie! Or stew! I love myself a good stew! The possibilities are endless, and when you have some of this shredded goodness at your fingertips (thank you trusty, freezer!) dinner just became that much easier.
All you need is your roast (I like chuck roasts the best!) beef broth, onion soup packet, an Au Jus seasoning packet and your Instant Pot. You’ll pressure cook everything for 90 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally for 30 minutes and you will have a fork tender roast on your hands with the most delicious broth that is great for French dip or gravy makin’.
If you make my recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Tag me on Instagram or post on my Facebook page! @cookingwithkarli
Instant Pot Shredded Beef
- 2 1/2-3 lb chuck roast
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 pkg au jus seasoning
- Place all ingredients into Instant Pot. Pressure cook on Manual HIGH for 90 minutes. NPR for 30 minutes then QR.
- Shred with two forks (or your stand mixer!) and serve with mashed potatoes, over rice, in a quesadilla etc.
Latest posts by Karli Bitner (see all)
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies (Twisted Sugar Copy Cat) - May 24, 2019
- Perfect Sugar Cookie Recipe - May 22, 2019
- Chocolate Cookie Recipe with Cheesecake Frosting - May 15, 2019