Grape Jelly Meatballs are a dump and start appetizer or dinner made up on only 3 ingredients! This recipe can be made in either the Instant Pot or crockpot.
Grape Jelly Meatballs
A sauce made with grape jelly and BBQ sauce, but as it all cooks together these grape jelly meatballs transform into something pretty spectacular!
I love appetizers! I can easily make a whole meal out of just appetizers. In fact, my family’s Christmas dinner is often just a bunch of appetizers with a nice Christmas ham thrown in for good measure. But these grape jelly meatballs always take center stage! Everybody LOVES them, and they could not possibly be simpler to make!
Grape jelly BBQ meatballs are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. They are so incredibly delicious and the meatball gets so tender, they are too good to only enjoy at parties or special occasions! So I like to turn this amazing appetizer into a main course by serving it over rice or in a bun. No matter where or how you serve them one thing is for sure, these meatballs will be a hit!
4 Simple Ingredients In Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs- Any frozen meatball will do just fine. Just make sure that they are fully precooked.
- Grape Jelly- I usually use the store brand.
- BBQ Sauce- I personally love the Original Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce, but whatever brand sauce you like will turn out great!
Instant Pot Meatballs
Literally the hardest part of this recipe is putting the ingredients in the Instant Pot in the right order! Just make sure the ingredients go into the pot in the order listed and you will be fine. DO NOT stir it up. Just put the ingredients in, put the lid on, and cook on HIGH pressure for 2 minutes. Yes, you read that right, just 2 minutes. Because everything is precooked, it is really about just getting your ingredients heated through. Once the Meatballs are cooked quick release the pressure and stir to coat the meatballs with the sauce.
Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
This recipe can be done just as easily in a crock pot instead! Just place the ingredients into a crock pot, but OMIT THE WATER. Let the crock pot cook for a couple hours on High until everything is heated through.
That is it. It literally could not be any simpler! Super easy, super kid friendly meal in just a few minutes with just a few ingredients! I promise everyone will love them!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 1 cup water if using Instant Pot
- 1.5 lbs frozen meatballs
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- For the Instant Pot: Add the ingredients to the Instant Pot in the order listed. Do not stir.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, quick release the pressure.
- Stir to coat the meatballs in the sauce.
- For the Crockpot: Add all ingredients (minus the water) into the crockpoot.
- Heat everything on low for a few hours until the center of the meatballs reach 160°. Stir to coat in the sauce.
- Serve as is, on a bun or over rice.