Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a simple to make recipe with delicious (and easy) homemade egg noodles! The flavorful broth will have you coming back for bowl after bowl!
Chicken noodle soup is a traditional soup that you have no doubt tried in your lifetime. It’s perfect for cold fall weather and a go-to recipe for when you’re feeling under the weather. While it may not have medicinal properties, it definitely helps in aiding us to feel better when we have a head cold or serious case of the sniffles.
Getting canned chicken noodle soup is an easy way to get your fix, but the tiny cans have so little noodle, veggies, and meat in them that you could be left feeling hungry after. Homemade chicken noodle soup is a delicious and filling recipe that doesn’t require much and can be made on a tight budget.
What’s in this Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Chicken broth
- Lipton onion soup (optional, but I strongly suggest it!)
- Chopped celery
- Petite carrots
- Chicken tenderloins
Homemade Egg Noodles
- Baking powder
Check out the recipe card below for the exact steps and measurements, you are not going to believe how easy this is!
How to make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in your Instant Pot
In your instant pot, add in the chicken broth, onion soup mix, chopped celery, petite carrots, raw chicken tenderloins, and parsley.
Cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes with a 6 minute NPR before releasing the pressure.
While the Instant Pot is coming to pressure and cooking, make the homemade egg noodles.
How to make Homemade Egg Noodles
To make the egg noodles, place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk them together and create a large dimple in the center of the bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and the water, then pour the egg mixture into the flour dimple.
Whisk the eggs with a fork until it becomes too thick, then use your hands to knead the dough. Note that you may not use all of the flour. Once the dough is manageable with out sticking to your hands, you are good to go. Once a soft dough is formed, roll the dough out onto a well-floured countertop. Roll until it is pretty thin. The noodles will puff up while being cooked.
Allow the dough to rest until the Instant Pot is finished cooking. When the Instant Pot has finished it’s cook cycle, including the NPR, remove the chicken and turn the Instant Pot onto Saute high.
Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into thin noodles (aim for about 1/4 inch thick, 4 inches long)
When the soup is simmering, place the egg noodles into the soup. The egg noodles will puff up and float to the top when they are finished cooking.
While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken. Once the noodles have finished, add the shredded chicken back into the soup and then stir to combine. Serve warm and enjoy.
Can chicken noodle soup be frozen?
Chicken noodle soup (with exception to the noodles) freeze very well. Unfortunately, the homemade noodles will become soft and mushy when frozen, so it’s not recommended to leave them in the soup. If you’d like to freeze your chicken noodle soup, you can remove the noodles and then freeze everything else, just add in new noodles when you reheat it later.
What should I serve with chicken noodle soup?
Chicken noodle soup is one of those great soups that can stand on its own two legs and doesn’t need anything else to go with it, but if you really want some ideas here’s a few.
- A grilled cheese sandwich
- Garlic bread
- Soup crackers
- A side salad
- French bread
- Focaccia Bread
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Check out my other Easy Instant Pot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Creamy Ziti
- Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- Instant Pot Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
- 3 stalks celery chopped (approx 1 heaping cup)
- 2 cups petite carrots
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp parsley dried
Homemade Egg Noodles
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- Add the chicken broth, onion soup mix, chopped celery, petite carrots, raw chicken tenders and parsley to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes with a 6 minute NPR before releasing the pressure.
- While the Instant Pot is coming to pressure and cooking, make the homemade egg noodles.
To make the egg noodles, place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together and create a large dimple in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and water.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dimple in the flour. Whisk the eggs with a fork until it gets too thick and then use your hands to knead the dough.
- Once a soft dough is formed (note: you may not use all of the flour), roll the dough out onto a well floured counter top. Roll until it is pretty thin.
- Allow the dough to rest until the Instant Pot is done cooking.
- When the Instant Pot has finished it's cook cycle, including the NPR, remove the chicken to shred. Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute high.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into thin noodles (aim for about 1/4 inch thick, 4 inches long).
- When the soup is simmering, place the egg noodles into the soup. The egg noodles will puff up and float to the top when they are cooked.
- While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken.
- Once the noodles have cooked, add the shredded chicken back into the soup. Stir to combine and serve.