Grilled Chicken Marinade is made up of 3 simple ingredients and takes no time at all to prep. This is simply, the only chicken marinade recipe you need!
Easy Chicken Marinade
This chicken marinade is exactly what you need this summer. Well, actually, it’s great any time of the year- but when you pair it with a hot grill and gorgeous blue skies outside, this grilled chicken marinade is unbeatable.
With this easy chicken marinade, you can have your chicken soaking in under 5 minutes. The longer the chicken soaks for, the stronger the flavor. I like to soak mine over night.
This marinated Grilled Chicken is the perfect protein for any meal, the only thing it is missing is some side dishes. When I think of grilled chicken, I often think of baked potatoes, Pasta Salad, Fruit Salad or grilled vegetables as a side dish, but you can choose whatever your family likes. This marinade gives the chicken a sweet and savory flavor that pairs well with pretty much anything!
Ingredients in Chicken Marinade
- Sprite: do you need to use name brand? Nope, you just need a lemon lime soda. The carbonation of the soda helps make the chicken super tender and it lends a hint of sweetness to the final product.
- Soy Sauce: You can use regular or reduced sodium soy sauce.
- Garlic Powder: definitely use garlic powder, not garlic salt. With the soy sauce, you won’t need any extra sodium!
How to Marinade Chicken
We marinade chicken for a variety of reasons. Marinating your chicken can make it really tender and it also flavors the chicken. Think of it as an alternative to a rub or lots of seasonings. With a good marinade, all you’ll need is a little salt and pepper while grilling.
To marinade chicken, you’ll just allow the raw chicken to soak in the marinade for an extended period of time. The longer it soaks, the stronger the flavor. In this instance, the chicken will soak in the soy sauce, sprite and garlic powder for up to 24 hours.
You can soak the chicken in the marinade in any air tight container, whether that be a glass locking lid container or a zip top bag.
How to Grill Chicken
Depending on the size of your chicken, it will take a total of about 10-15 minutes to grill. Fire up your grill to medium high heat- somewhere around 400°. Let the excess marinade drip off of the chicken before setting it onto the grill.
Flip the chicken over after about 5-6 minutes and then cook until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Can you freeze marinated chicken?
Yes, you can. If you want to meal prep or if you change your mind on dinner, you can always freeze your marinated chicken. Simply let it sit in the freezer for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the fridge and cook as normal.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- 3/4 cup sprite
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 chicken breasts
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients into a large zip top bag or or other container.
- Place your chicken breats into the liquid and refrigerate for 12-24.
- When you are ready to grill, preheat your grill to medium-high heat (aroung 400°).
- Pull the chicken out of the marinade, allowing the excess marinade to drip off of the chicken before placing it on the grill. Discard the excess marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Flip the chicken over after about 5-6 minutes and allow the chicken to cook until an instant read thermometer reads 165°.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 mintues before slicing.