This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken stir fry is a quick and easy dish made by stir frying juicy chicken and lots of vegetables with an easy stir-fry sauce to make an easy healthy dinner.
Simple Stir Fry Recipe
In a dinner rut? Or even need easy weeknight dinners to keep in your back pocket that is ready to eat within minutes that the whole family will love? Look no further. I make this for myself at least once a week. I love that I get some fresh vegetables, solid protein and major flavor without much work.
We are going to use cooked chicken, like a rotisserie chicken, in this recipe to make it ultra fast, but you can definitely fry up some chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breasts. It will just take a bit longer. Either way, you are bound to enjoy this entire dish.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe ingredients
Printable, full recipe can be found below in the recipe card.
- Chicken- Like I mentioned above, I use precooked chicken to make this super easy and the meal prep almost non existent. Feel free to fry up your own chicken before beginning with this recipe, if you’d rather.
- Veggies- Again, for ease, I just grab a bag of fresh stir-fry vegetables from the grocery store. There are usually broccoli florets, carrots, snap peas, snow peas, in there. You could definitely toss in green beans, bell pepper, water chestnuts, or even those little baby corn! As long as you have some fresh veggies, you’ll be able to make a delicious chicken stir fry recipe.
- Teriyaki Sauce- I use store bought teriyaki sauce or you could make a homemade teriyaki sauce to add if you prefer.
- Soy Sauce- This alongside the teriyaki sauce is the base of our delicious stir fry sauce.
- Garlic Butter- again, I just purchase this pre-made at the grocery store, but you can easily make your own. Make your own by combining 1 stick of butter, 4 cloves of garlic, minced, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
How to make an Easy Stir Fry
- Either take your rotisserie chicken and chop into small bite sized pieces or fry up your chicken pieces until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add some garlic butter to a large skillet and melt completely over medium-high heat.
- Add your veggies and stir fry your veggies until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in your cooked chicken and stir fry for an additional minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and soy sauce. Stir to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions or red pepper flakes if you like things a bit spicy!
What to serve with this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
I actually love serving chicken stir fry along with some white rice brown rice, cauliflower rice, rice noodles or even over zucchini noodles!
Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Variations
If you are looking for more flavor, you can add some hoisin sauce, a little bit of sesame oil, fresh ginger, or even some oyster sauce.
How to store leftover Easy Stir Fry
First thing you’ll need to do is let the stir fry cool to room temperature. Once it is cool, store in and air tight container in the fridge. Consume within 2-3 days. When your ready to reheat, add the stir fry to a non-stick pan with some melted butter, stirring until heated through.
How to reheat leftover Chicken Stir Fry
The best way to reheat stir fry is the exact same way you made it- by stir frying it! You will want to add a bit more teriyaki and soy sauce because the veggies will soak up a lot of the sauce while it is in the fridge.
More Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- 4 cups fresh stir fry veggies
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 – 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the garlic butter completely.
- Add in the fresh veggies and stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add in the chopped chicken and continue to stir for an additional minute.
- Add the soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to the pan and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.