This Pizza Dough is quick and easy! The perfect crust for the toppings you love.
The key to any good pizza is a good crust. A good crust comes from good dough and you know what? I’ve got your back.
Living on the East Coast and having *real* pizza forever changed my life. IT-IS-SO-GOOD. If you ever find your self near New Haven, Connecticut do yourself a favor and go visit Modern Apizza. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. You can thank me later. Yum.
Pizza is a staple in our home, we have it once per week (usually Fridays!). I love that it is so versatile and can taste completely different every time I make it. I also love the fact that kids devour it. Done and done. I’m sold.
This dough comes together quickly and only rises for 30 minutes in your Instant Pot! (It can rise in a warm spot on your counter for 60 minutes if you don’t have an Instant Pot.. but really, you should have one! Here is a link to one!)
Pizza Dough Tips
- Make sure your yeast is active before adding in any flour. Proof your yeast by adding the yeast, water and a little sugar to a bowl. If it is active, it will start to bubble and foam!
- Knead for 5 minutes after everything is mixed together, you want smooth dough!
- After it is done rising, don’t flatten the dough. Just dump onto a floured surface and gently form it into your circle
- Add a little extra kick to your pizza by brushing on some butter and garlic to the edges of your crust.
- If you don’t have a pizza stone, (like me!) use the backside of a cookie sheet. It works great!
More Bread Recipes
Easiest Pizza Dough, Ever!
- 2 cups very warm water divided
- 3 tsp yeast or one packet
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 T butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- Add 1 cup of warm water, yeast and sugar to a small bowl to proof the yeast. To make sure your yeast is alive and kicking, it should start to bubble and foam in a few minutes. If it doesn't, your yeast is dead so try again.
- While the yeast is proofing, add the remaining 1 cup of water, melted butter, flour and salt to the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Once the yeast has proofed, add it to the stand mixer. Mix slowly with the kneading hook until it comes together. Once it has come together continue to knead for 5 minutes. The dough will stick to the bowl but shouldn't be so sticky it can't be worked with.
- After the 5 minutes is up the dough is ready to rise! Before rising you need to decide how much dough you need. This recipe will make 4 small pizzas, 2 medium/ largish pizzas or 1 extra large pizza. Divide the dough as you'd like. The unused dough can be used to make breadsticks or frozen for next time.
- If rising in the Instant Pot, spray the pot with non-stick spray and then add the dough to the pot. Hit the yogurt button and make sure it is on 'normal'. when the timer reaches 30, your dough is ready to be shaped!
- If rising on the counter top, rise in a covered bowl in a warm spot for 60 minutes or until it doubles. Your dough is now ready to be shaped!
- Pre heat oven to 425° and place pizza stone inside. (Or if your cool, like me, and don't have one, use the backside of a cookie sheet!)
- Shape dough onto parchment paper for easy transfer to the hot pan. Shape dough and top with your favorite toppings. Carefully slide onto the hot pan in the oven and bake at 425° for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.