Cinnamon Tortilla Chips are a quick 4 ingredient crunchy chip that serves perfectly with fruit salsa, apple pie filling or a number of other dips.
If you’ve never had a cinnamon tortilla chip, you might be missing out. But, with this super easy recipe, you can whip up a batch in no time! Delicious cinnamon sugar tortilla chips make for a great snack, treat, or dessert (depending on when you want them and how you serve them).
I personally love my cinnamon tortilla chips with fruit salsa. It’s a great mixture of sweet, tart, soft and crunchy. Totally irresistible and with the fruit, you can convince yourself you’re actually eating something a little healthy. 😉
The tortilla chips only use 4 simple ingredients and require very little work. I love the crunchy, buttery result of the final chip. Whether you are eating them as a snack, with fruit salsa or scooping up some apple pie filling, they are the perfect sturdy vehicle to get your dip into your mouth.
What’s In Cinnamon Tortilla Chips?
- Butter- We will use melted butter in this recipe, brushed on both sides of the cut tortillas before baking.
- Sugar- Granulated sugar is what you will want.
- Cinnamon- Ground cinnamon will be mixed with the sugar and then sprinkled onto the butter brushed tortillas
- Flour Street Taco Sized Tortillas- I like using the street taco sized tortillas because they give you the perfect size chip! If you only have larger tortillas, they will work fine, there will just be a bit more cutting involved.
How to Make Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
The tortilla chips are made my cutting the tortillas into quarters. Arrange the tortillas onto a cookie sheet and brush the melted butter onto each side of the tortilla. Next, sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar liberally all over the tops of the tortillas. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the chips are golden brown.
- Cut your tortillas into quarters and then brush butter over each of the pieces, flip and get the other side too.
- Sprinkle the sugar liberally over the tops of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until the chips are golden brown and crispy.
Can I Fry Cinnamon Tortilla Chips?
Yes, if you don’t want to do the baked chip method, you can fry them. I recommend frying the tortillas in a pan of hot oil until crisp and puffed up. Remove with a slotted utensil and place onto a plate with paper towels (to collect the grease). Then immediately sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.
Can I Make Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in Advance?
Yes. You can make cinnamon tortilla chips up to a few days in advance and keep stored in an airtight container. Keep in mind that the older they become the staler they may be when you go to eat them. This is a big reason to advocate for eating them when fresh (and warm).
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Dips to enjoy your Cinnamon Chips with
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 8 four street taco tortillas
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peheat your oven to 350°.
- Cut your street taco sized tortillas into fourths. Arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Brush the tortilla pieces with melted butter. Flip and repeat with the other side of the tortilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the butter brushed tortillas.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes until the tortillas are golden brown.
- Allow the chips to cool for 5-10 mintues before eating.