All the comfort of a chicken salad sandwich in pasta form! This is perfect for any summer picnic!
The first time I had something similar to this pasta salad was at a baby shower, I was pregnant and this spoke to all of my inner cravings. We were just starting to round the corner from being in the dead of winter to the first signs of spring. There was just something so warm and summery about the salad that I fell in love with. I ate way more than my share of this salad at the shower (#pregnancyperks. AmIRight?) and then promptly went home and made my version of it. When I am asked to bring a salad to a party, family get together or potluck, this is my go to! There is just something about a creamy sauce and carbs, right? It is down right dreamy! Here are a few tips to make sure your pasta salad is a raging success!
- Undercook your pasts just a tad! The pasta will soak up that creamy sauce and will get a little softer.
- Keep some cooked chicken breast sliced and ready to go in the freezer to make this super simple and quick! Read more on how I like to freeze my cooked chicken here.
- Wash and sandwich your grapes in between two plates and then use a sharp knife to slice all of the grapes in half at once!
Chicken & Fruit Pasta SaladSummer in a bowl! This twist on the classic chicken salad is perfect for your next meal or BBQ!Print Pin Rate
- 8 oz pasta, cooked 8 oz dry pasta, then cooked
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 apple cubed
- cup grapes halved
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup chicken chunks cooked
- 1/2 tbsp onion minced
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Mix together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour onto the salad. Stir to coat evenly. Reserve some dressing to add right before serving as the noodles tend to soak up the dressing a bit.