Microwave egg sandwiches are a great way to make breakfast quickly or when you’re on the go. While you can make them at home, you can also manage to make them while you’re out and about in a hotel too. A perfect breakfast hack for when you’re on vacation!
Not a lot of people know this, but a major life hack that I use literally almost every day is to make eggs in the microwave! Less dishes, faster, taste is the same.. seriously, I can’t think one one drawback!
I love making Egg Sandwiches using the microwave because the egg fits onto the English Muffin perfectly and the scrambled egg stays together! No more egg pieces falling out of your sandwich, I know you’ve been there. Never again, friend!
I love how customizable these sandwiches are. You pick the cheese, sausage or bacon (or both. Definitely both.), and veggies. The veggies combos are endless!! Spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onions.. Think any of the toppings you can find at subway.. all of those are great on breakfast sandwiches! Thanks to this hack, you’ll be living like a queen (or king) in your dorm, hotel room or RV!
What’s needed to make a Microwave Egg Sandwich?
- Egg- I use one egg per sandwich. If you’d like to use two, feel free! You may have to microwave for a bit longer, though.
- Salt & Pepper- This is what I generally season my scrambled eggs with but if you usually use some garlic powder or seasoned salt, do that to your microwave eggs, too!
- English Muffin- If you don’t have an English muffin, a bagel or toast would be a great substitute.
- Protein- Bacon, sausage patties, ham.. or you can skip the meat and just have an egg and cheese sandwich! I always choose either microwave bacon or fully cooked sausage patties that can be heated in the microwave.
- Veggies- This is where you can really get creative! My favorite are peppers and onions. Spinach and tomatoes are really good, too, though!
How to make an Egg Sandwich in the Microwave
- In a mug or microwave safe round ramekin, crack and whisk your egg well. Season it with salt and pepper (and other seasonings to fit your preference.)
- Microwave for 1 minute until cooked through. One minute is perfect timing for my microwave, but if you check your eggs and they still seem wet in the center, try adding an additional 30 seconds.
- Place the cooked egg on a toasted english muffin and top with your favorite protein and veggies.
More Microwave Egg Recipes:
Microwave Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 english muffin toasted
- 1 sausage patty or slice of bacon
- In a microwave safe mug or round ramekin, crack and whisk your egg until scrambled.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Microwave on full power for 1 minute. If your egg is still wet in the center, add an additional 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove from the microwave (it will be hot) and place on your toasted english muffin. Top with cheese, your favorite protien and veggies of choice.