Instant Pot Skinny Alfredo is a healthier version of my famous Dump & Start Alfredo recipe. This healthy alternative is made with evaporated milk instead; NO HEAVY CREAM! Substituting evaporated milk for the heavy cream cuts the calorie and fat content by more than half making this a guilt-free, healthier Alfredo!
Instant Pot Skinny Alfredo is here for all of you who requested a lighter version of my famous Dump and Start Alfredo Recipe! I tested quite a few different ways to substitute the heavy cream, and I’ve gotta say, this comes pretty dang close to the real thing!
Instead of using heavy cream, this recipe uses evaporated milk. Did you know that heavy cream has 5 times the amount of fat that evaporated milk does? And more than double the calories?
If you are getting ready for swim suit season and trying to was as light as possible, this SKINNY version is 100% made for you!
To make this healthier, evaporated milk is used instead of heavy whipping cream. It comes together a little bit differently than the original recipe though.
For this recipe, the noodles, seasonings and chicken broth cook together in the Instant Pot. The evaporated milk needs to be tempered before being added to the hot noodles and broth.
Once the noodles have finished cooking, taking a few noodles at a time, stir them into the evaporated milk until about half the noodles are in the evaporated milk. At that point it is okay to dump the evaporated milk and noodles back into the Instant Pot.
The tempering is done so the milk doesn’t curdle. Turn the Instant Pot on saute LOW and gradually stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts and thickens the sauce. And there ya have it! SKINNY Alfredo!
Instant Pot Skinny Alfredo
(Printable Recipe Below)
Instant Pot Skinny Alfredo is just as tasty as my famous Dump & Start recipe only without the heavy cream! Substituting evaporated milk for the heavy cream cuts the calorie and fat content by more than half making this a guilt-free meal!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb dry linguine noodles broken in half
- 3/4-1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Place the broth, garlic, salt and pepper into the Instant Pot liner. Break noodles in half and add to the pot. All noodles should be covered with the broth. DO NOT STIR.
- Cook on Manual HIGH for 6 minutes. Allow for a 6 min NPR before QR the pressure. Stir the noddles, some may be slightly stuck together, but that is okay. Once you add in the evaporated milk and warm through, all will be well.
- Pour the evaporated milk into a SEPARATE BOWL. Temper the milk by adding a scoop of noodles at a time into the milk and stirring. Once about half of the noodles have been mixed with the evaporated milk, dump the milk and noodles back into the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute LOW and gradually stir in the parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted completely and the sauce has thickened. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? Comment below!! I LOVE hearing from my readers! Share on social media, be sure to tag me so I can see it! Get more great content on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest! I’d love to connect! Sign up for my weekly newsletter below to never miss a new recipe again!
Check out these other Tasty Recipes!
- Instant Pot Stir Fry
- Instant Pot French Dip
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- Chicken Wraps
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Alfredo Sauce
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Pasta Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Tomato Basil Pasta
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!