A chewy Nutella-stuffed cookie topped with a melty Nutella drizzle and finished with a sprinkle of sea salt. This cookie is what Nutella dreams are made of!
Hazelnut Sea Salt Cookies
It has been well established by now that I am your source for copycat Crumbl cookies. Whether its Cosmic Brownie cookies, Cookies n’ Cream Milkshake cookies, Snickerdoodle Cupcake cookies, or many more, I am helping you bring Crumbl cookies to your very own kitchen.
Who doesn’t love Nutella? It is the perfect combination of chocolate and hazelnut. And these Hazelnut Sea Salt cookies are next level! They are everything to would want in a cookie!
Soft and chewy on the outside filled with a gooey melty Nutella filling. The tiny pinch of sea salt on top is exactly what this cookie needs to cut the sweetness and make all the flavors really pop!
Ingredients In Hazelnut Sea Salt Cookies
- Softened Butter- Make sure that the butter is at room temperature (or softened in the microwave for 10 or so seconds!) so that it creams will with the sugar.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- The combination of sugars really gives the cookie it’s perfectly chewy texture and helps keep the cookies moist.
- Flour- Just plain old All Purpose flour will do the trick.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Nutella- You can also use generic Nutella, I’ve never been able to tell the difference between the two.
- Coarse Sea Salt- For sprinkling on top.
How To Make Hazelnut Sea Salt Cookies
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or in a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until it is light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, vanilla and mix again until well combined.
Add in your dry ingredients and mix again until it just comes together. Once the flour is added you want to be careful not to over mix the dough or you will activate the gluten and your texture will get more cakey rather than the chewy, cookie texture that you want.
Scoop the dough out and portion it into equal size balls by using a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Scoop just shy of 1/2 cup of dough. Roll the dough into a ball and place 6 per cookie sheet. Using your thumb push a pocket into the middle of the dough ball.
Spoon a 1/2 tablespoon portion of Nutella into the pocket and close up the cookie around the Nutella. Flatten the cookie the slightest bit with your hands and repeat with the remaining dough balls.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes just until the tops of the cookies begin to crackle.
Remove the cookies from the oven, let them cool on the pan for an additional 15 minutes.
Place the remaining Nutella (about 1/4 cup) into a zip top bag. Snip the corner off of the bag and drizzle the Nutella onto the cookies in a zig zag motion, and sprinkle immediately with sea salt.
Repeat with all the cookies and then serve warm.
How to store your Crumbl Cookies
Most of the time, I recommend storing your cookies in the fridge because it helps them stay fresh much longer! This cookie is no different. This cookie also freezes great! I do recommend waiting to drizzle the top with Nutella until right before you serve or eat the cookie just for the ease of storing your cookies.
More Crumbl Cookie Recipes
- Cookie n Cream Milkshake Cookies
- Crumbl Sugar Cookies
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
Crumbl Hazelnut Sea Salt Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined.
- Portion out the dough into a little less than 1/2 cup portions. Roll into a ball and arrange 6 onto each cookie sheet.
- Use your thumb to create a pocket into the middle of the dough. Spoon about 1/2 tbsp of Nutella into each pocket and then close the cookie around the Nutella. Flatten just slightly prior to baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies have spread and have started to crackle a little on top.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining Nutella into a zip top bag, snip the corner slightly and zig zag the Nutella across the top of the still warm cookie.
- Immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Serve warm.