Funfetti Brownies are made by adjusting the recipe on a boxed mix of funfetti cake. You won’t believe how easy it is to make thick, dense funfetti flavored brownies!
We know from looking at the box of brownie mixes that adding more eggs makes the dessert fluffier and more cake-like so it isn’t hard to imagine that a few changes to a box of Funfetti cake mix could yield soft and rich brownie-like squares.
You won’t believe how easy it is to convert a boxed cake mix into a brownie mix and once you have it down, you can swap out boxes for your favorite flavors and enjoy some really creative desserts. Boxed cake mixes can also be turned into mug cakes if you want personal-sized desserts that don’t require sharing.
What’s In Funfetti Brownies?
- Melted Butter: we are just using regular, salted butter here!
- Milk: you can use whatever milk you have on hand. Anything from skim to whole will work well.
- Cake mix: being completely honest, I always use the store brand of cake mixes. No need to spend extra just for the name brand!
- White Chocolate Chips
- Extra Sprinkles: I like to purchase my extra sprinkles from hobby lobby- there are not any brown sprinkles which makes for a really fun looking brownie!
How to Make Funfetti Brownies
Making your brownies is no more work than making the boxed cake mix, the only difference is the few adjustments to the ingredients themselves and the amounts. We will still bake this at 350°. We will substitute milk and melted butter for the water and oil called on most cake boxes. This will give us a richer end result.
Once everything is mixed together into a nice batter, we will fold in extra sprinkle (because, duh, you can never have too many sprinkles) and some white chocolate chips. The brownies will be baked in a 9×9 inch pan, making them thick and chewy! Bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure they can pass the toothpick test before taking them out of the oven.
Can I use any box cake mix?
Absolutely! Grab your favorite standard sized box of cake mix off the shelf and make a delicious pan of brownies following the same steps. Can you imagine a red velvet cake brownie with white chocolate chips? Even a box of lemon cake mix could turn into something irresistibly good!
How do you store Funfetti brownies?
While still in the pan you can cut your brownies into serving sized pieces and then cover the pan. When held at room temperature you can get your brownies to last up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can keep them well covered and place in the freezer for up to a few months.
More Mix Recipes:
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup extra sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- The mixture should be thick and smooth with no lumps of dry mix anywhere in sight.
- Add in any extra sprinkles or white chocolate chips and then stir to distribute.
- Pour batter into a prepared baking dish and then bake for 15-20 minutes.
- You know the brownies are finished when a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.