Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are a gooey, rich Chocolate Cookie filled with multiple kinds of chocolate chips. Chocolate lovers will go crazy over these cookies!
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
I call this a double chocolate chip cookie recipe, but honestly, there are several types of chocolate involved(4 to be exact), which would make it a quadruple chocolate cookie, and that is kind of a mouthful to say. So to make it easier, let’s keep calling it a double chocolate chip cookie. 😉
For chocolate lovers everywhere, the combination of milk chocolate, white chocolate, baking cocoa, and mini-sized chocolate chips can help to give an added depth of richness and a mouthful of chocolate in every tasty bite. If you grab one off of the cookie sheet before they cool completely (which I totally recommend) you may even be able to break a cookie in half slowly while watching the ooey-gooey melted chocolate morsels do their thing, like in a tv commercial.
Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- Butter (I generally use salted butter)
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Mixed chocolate chips (mini, milk, and white)
You can see the exact amounts and steps below in the recipe card!
How to make Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
- Prep – Preheat your oven to 350 degrees before making the dough.
- Cream – To make the dough cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. I like to use my stand mixer but a hand mixer will work just as well.
- Add Liquids – Add in the egg and the vanilla. Mix it until it’s light in color and creamy.
- Add drys – Next we will add in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix them well into the dough, until it’s completely combined. The dough will be soft which will make folding in the chocolate chips super easy!
- Cook – Fold in the chocolate chips and then scoop or roll the cookie dough out into equal-sized balls. Arrange them on a cookie sheet. Add extra chocolate chips to the top if desired 😉
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy on top. Make sure to keep an eye on the cookies, over baking the cookies will result in a dry and crumbly cookie instead of a soft and chewy cookie.
Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie tips
- Use softened butter: it helps the recipe to cream together, but you want to make sure that it’s not softened to the point of being melted or else the cookie will spread out to a crisp on the baking sheet.
- Using real butter instead of margarine also makes a huge difference.
- Don’t skip! Creaming the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until it turns light in color and fluffy in texture is vital to achieving the perfect cookie texture!
Storing this Chocolate Cookie with White Chocolate Chips
After the cookies have cooled completely, you can place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They taste better when fresher and may become stale the older they get.
For longer storage, you can also place the cookies in the freezer. In an airtight container, they can last up to 3 months and do just fine.
FAQs for Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown sugar keeps things nice and soft while white sugar will promote spreading of the cookie.
The combination of ingredients really play into how chewy the cookies will end up. Brown sugar can keep things chewy. My favorite thing to do is replace some of the granulated sugar with corn syrup. That will make things ultra chewy like in my Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Baking soda will promote browning and spread while powder will make things puff up. Baking soda is used more frequently in chewy cookies than powder is.
Want ALL the cookie recipes?? Find my Favorites below!
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Sprinkle Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookie
- Twix Cookies
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Christmas Cookies
- Monster Cookies
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Chewy!)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined. The dough will be soft.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop or roll the cookie dough out into equal sized balls. Arrange on a cookie sheet. Add extra chocolate chips to the top if desired
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and no longer glossy on top.
Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan.