Chocolate Mousse Pie, rich with flavor, creamy as can be. This is a chocolate-lover’s dream.
Easter is just around the corner- I know, it hit me the other day too. Like a ton of bricks! This year has just disappeared like a batch of my my favorite cookies. In a previous post I talked all about how food and holidays always go together in my book. Admit it, the best part about any holiday is the food that is involved. I won’t judge. As you could probably guess, Easter is no different. These carrots look-a-like’s are just to die for! The best kind of carrot is one that taste’s like a chocolate covered strawberry. 😉 Let’s not forget about this amazing pie though. It’s the real MVP here. It is so rich, creamy & dreamy! You won’t be able to resist a piece. Or two. Don’t worry, I’m right there with you.
One of my absolute favorite things about my Instant Pot is the fact that I can melt chocolate so easily & quickly. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, you need one. Like last week. You can find the one I have and love here. This pie recipe is no different. You guessed it, I used my trusty Instant Pot. With some water, the saute setting and a glass bowl, you’ve got yourself a great double boiler! I melted together chocolate chips, butter, cream, marshmallows and a little bit of peanut butter in the glass bowl that was sitting on top of my Instant Pot.
While the mixture is cooling to room temperature, I made the Oreo crust and popped it into the fridge to get nice and set. Once the mixture is room temperature I whipped up some cream, then folded it into the chocolate mixture. Spread that onto the Oreo crust, top with some more whipped cream and you’ve got yourself a delicious mousse pie. I used this pie as the base for a festive Easter dessert. I added some extra Oreo crumbs to the top of the pie as ‘dirt’ and then added some delicious ‘carrots’. The carrots are really strawberries covered in orange candy melts. This looks just as good as it tastes, and is super simple! Anyone can do it!
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup oreo crumbs
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- Using a double boiler (I like to use my Instant Pot!) melt the chocolate chips, butter, cream and marshmallows until the mixture is smooth. This can take a little bit of time. It will all melt down, just keep at it!
- Take the chocolate mixture off of the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Let the chocolate mixture cool to room temperature. Make the crust while it is cooling.
- Combine the melted butter and Oreo crumbs. Press into the bottom of desired dish. Refrigerate until needed.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature, whip the cream until you have soft peaks. Add the sugar and then whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Pour onto the crust and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. It is best if it has been refrigerated over night.