Rolo pretzels are the perfect combination of sweet and salty! A simple Christmas candy that you will crave year round!
Pretzel Rolo & M&M
Last year I slaved away in the kitchen for DAYS making various types of candy and treats for my neighbor treat plates. I made every variety of candy and cookie you can imagine.
On the day we were going to deliver our plates my daughter asked me if she could help me make something. I immediately thought of Rolo Pretzels. They are quick and easy for the kids to help, but even better they are CRAZY good!
For weeks after Christmas, when I saw my neighbors, they commented on our treat plate. And without fail, they all told me their favorite thing on that plate that I spent days making, was the ROLO PRETZELS! And for good reason! These things are amazingly delicious and slightly addictive! (Don’t say I didn’t warn you!)
3 Simple Ingredients in Rolo Pretzels Bites
- Pretzels- The regular pretzels work great for these treats. I have used snap pretzels before (that’s the checkerboard shaped pretzel) They are good too if you want a little less sweet and a little more pretzel.
- Unwrapped Rolos
- M&M’s- I prefer to use plain M&M’s. For Christmas I love using the red and green M&M’s. It makes them festive and fun. I have even made this recipe with pecan halves instead of M&M’s. Also super delicious but not as festive! You could make these for literally any holiday, though. Just buy the seasonal bag of M&M’s!
Quick and Easy Steps for Rolo Pretzels
Start by preheating the oven to 180. Low heat is always best for melting chocolate.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on the cookie sheet and top each pretzel with an unwrapped Rolo.
Place them in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Immediately after pulling the pretzels out, place an M&M right on top, pressing down gently.
Let the pretzels cool completely before removing them from from the cookie sheet. I usually toss them in the fridge and let them cool while I am working on the next tray of pretzels.
How to store Rolo Pretzel Bites
They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days…if they last that long. They have never lasted that long in my house.
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
More Delicious Christmas Treats
Rolo Pretzel Bites
- 24 Pretzels
- 24 Rolos unwrapped
- 24 M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Top each pretzel with an unwrapped rolo.
- Place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after taking them out of the oven, press an M&M onto the top of the rolo, pressing down gently.
- Allow the treats to cool completely (can toss in the fridge to speed up this process) before serving.
- Store in and air tight container for up to 3 days.