Homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is a fall favorite! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is packed with pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips! It will have you feeling all the fall feelings in no time!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
I swear, from the moment the first leaf turns slightly yellow and hits the ground I am instantly in fall baking mode! All things caramel and apple, but the absolute best, all things PUMPKIN! This easy pumpkin bread recipe is filled with pumpkin spice, cinnamon and enough pumpkin puree to make it super moist and flavorful. I could eat it everyday…and have!
Even though pumpkin is traditionally a fall flavor, this quick pumpkin chocolate chip bread is so delicious and so versatile (HELLO pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!) You will want to make this recipe all year long!
What Is In Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
- Melted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree- I use canned, just because it makes this recipe super easy and quick. But if you want to use homemade puree, all the better.
- Flour- Using all purpose four will give you the right texture for this bread.
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chocolate Chips- Pumpkin and chocolate are a match made in heaven in my opinion, but you can certainly leave out the chocolate if you prefer. Or you could substitute nuts instead.
How To Make Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. This bread doesn’t take much time to through together so make sure you get that oven preheating!
While the oven is heating, thoroughly mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin, then add the eggs and milk and mix again.
Next add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir to combine. Once the flour is added you DO NOT want to over mix the batter. Overmixing will lead to a tougher bread, which would be criminal in a bread as moist and tender and this should be!
Now for the chocolate! Fold in the chocolate chips, again, being careful not to overmix. It should be a nice, soft batter. Spread the batter into an 8 inch bread pan. You can use a different size bread pan if that is what you have. Larger pans will cook longer, mini bread pans or muffins will cook for shorter periods of time.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting 15 minutes for it to cool before slicing and enjoying!
Can I freeze Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
Absolutely!!! This bread freezes beautifully! Once the bread has completely cooled wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Try to get it as air tight as possible. Then place it in a zip bag to freeze. To thaw it out, just place it on the counter top for a couple of hours.
You could also cut and freeze individual slices, that way you are just a few minutes away from delicious pumpkin bread any time of year!
There you have it, pumpkin chocolate chip bread that is SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS, it might just become your go to fall breakfast!
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Mix in the eggs and milk.Add the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl and mix until combined. The batter will be soft.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50- 60 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.