Delicious graham cracker cookies, topped with a sweet and tart key lime topping, these Crumble Copycats contain all the goodness of key lime pie in cookie form.
Key Lime Pie Crumbl Cookie
My husband absolutely LOVES key lime pie! I have spent hours and years trying to bring Key Lime to the next level. Throughout all my attempts and versions, key lime pie remains at the top of his dessert list. There is just something about the combination of sweet and tart that is absolute perfection.
So when Crumbl came out with a Key Lime Pie cookie, I KNEW that I had to figure out how to make a perfect copycat! And this my friends is it!
A perfectly sweet graham cracker cookie topped with a deliciously tart cream cheese/key lime frosting, these cookies will knock your key lime loving socks off every time!
Ingredients In Key Lime Cookie
For The Cookies
- Butter- You will want to make sure your butter is softened so that it can cream together with the sugar.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar- Using both types of sugar creates the perfect chewy texture and will help keep your cookies moist.
- Vanilla- A big heaping helping of vanilla gives these cookies a great kick of flavor!
- Flour- Plain old AP flour.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs- These are going to give your cookies the perfect graham cracker crust flavor.
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Salt- Just a pinch really balances out the sweetness and brings the flavors together.
For The Frosting
- Cream Cheese- This recipe uses blocks of cream cheese. Technically you could use the tubs as long as it still equals 16 ounces.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Lime Juice- My favorite brand is Nellie & Joe’s. The flavor is AMAZING! It can be found on the juice isle of most grocery stores. You can use fresh though if you prefer.
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream- A dollop of whipped cream right on top really adds so much to the overall flavor of the cookie.
- Lime Slices- This is totally optional but adding a small lime slice makes the final product so adorable!
How To Make Key Lime Pie Crumbl Cookies
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again until light and slightly fluffy.
Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix again until the dough just comes together. The dough will be a very dry dough, you’ll have to pack it together for it to stick together.
Portion the dough into 12 1/2 cup pieces of dough. Roll each portion into a ball and place 6 balls onto a cookie sheet. Press down on each dough ball and flatten them just a bit.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies start to brown slightly.
Right after you take the cookies out of the oven, use the bottom of a cup, gently press down on the center of the cookie creating an indentation for the pie filling. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
While the cookies are cooling, make the filling by beating the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix again until thoroughly combined.
Finally add the powdered sugar and lime juice. Remember, you can always add more powdered sugar or more lime juice to get your desired tanginess.
When your filling is finished and your cookies are completely cooled, scoop the filling into the center of each cookie and spread.
Cool the cookies in the fridge and top with whipped cream and a fresh lime slice right before serving.
How to Store your Cookies
These cookies need to be stored in the the fridge. They do freeze well, if you want them to last longer! They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to one week and can be frozen for 2 months.
More Delicious Crumbl Copycats
- Chocolate Oreo Crumbl Cookies
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Classic Crumbl Sugar Cookie
- S’mores Brownie Crumbl Cookie
Crumbl Key Lime Pie Cookie
Graham Cracker Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups crushed graham crackers (2 sleeves)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
Key Lime Pie Filling + Toppings
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese room temperature
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup lime juice
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- whipped cream or frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until light in color and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda, baking powder and salt), mix into the dough. Mix until completely combined.
- Portion out the dough into 1/2 cup portions. Roll into a ball and arrange 6 onto each cookie sheet. Press down slightly on the cookie dough, flattening it a bit.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden brown.
- After you pull the cookies out of the oven, use the bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass and gently press the center of the cookie down, making a an indent for the pie filling to go.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, make the filling by creaming the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the can of sweetened condensed milk, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar and lime juice. Remember, you can always add in more lime juice, you can't take some out. So start small and add more to your preference.
- Once your pie filling is finished, scoop and spread it into the center of each of your cookies.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh lime slice.