Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are full of tropical goodness! The dense, chewy sugar cookies is topped with a Coconut Lime Frosting and served with a fresh lime wedge for extra pizzaz! Better than Twisted Sugar!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 16 Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Coconut Lime Frosting
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- neon green food coloring optional
- fresh lime slices for serving
Preheat oven to 350°.
While the oven is preheating make the cookie dough. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Scrape the sides, add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
Scrape the sides and add in the flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Use a scoop to create equal sized cookies. Double scoop the cookie dough to make large bakery style cookies (more details given above).
Flatten the cookie dough by gently pressing the bottom of a drinking glass down on the center of the cookie dough. I like to dip the glass into sugar first, but this isn't required.
Repeat with remaining dough. The cookies will spread slightly so make sure to leave room. I tend to only put 6 cookies per pan.
Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until the centers of the cookies have puffed up and are no longer glossy.
To make the frosting, cream the butter until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, lime juice and coconut extract. Add in Mix until smooth and creamy.
* Scoop a generous amount onto each cooled cookie. Squeeze a few drops of the food coloring out into a small bowl. Dip a toothpick into the food coloring and add coloring parks onto the frosting in random places. Use the back of a spoon to spread the frosting around the cookie while swirling in the food coloring.
* Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.2mg