Homemade Salsa is garden fresh, full of delicious ripe tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeños, lime juice and cilantro. This salsa recipe is perfect for dunking a tortilla chip into or for use in recipes. Learn how to make salsa and be stunned at how easy it is!
Servings 8 cups
- 1 large onion approx 2 cups
- 2 large green bell peppers approx 2 cups
- 4-8 jalapeños deseeded, depending on how spicy you want it!
- 10 large tomatoes approx 3 3/4 cups
- 2 tsp dried minced garlic can substitute 8 fresh cloves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- up to 1 bunch cilantro leaves torn up
Chop the onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and tomatoes one at a time in the blender or food processor. Alternatively, dice them by hand.
Add the veggies, garlic, vinegar, sugar and salt to the Instant Pot.
Pressure cook on Manual HIGH for 20 minutes. QR. *See note above in post about safely quick releasing the pressure.*
Stir in the lime juice, tomato paste and cilantro.
Ladle into jars and let the salsa cool to room temperature then store in the fridge.
Stovetop Directions: Simmer the prepped veggies, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt for 1 hour. Stir in the lime juice, tomato paste and cilantro. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.