In a large bowl combine the pancake mix, sugar and milk. Stir until mostly combined and then knead with your hands until mixed thoroughly.
The texture should be like Play-Doh.
Roll out on a floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle approx 4 inches wide by 8 or 9 inches long. I can never get it into a good rectangle so I end up kind of piecing the rectangle tougher and that is fine!
Spread the softened butter all over the dough.
Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Spread on top of the butter.
Carefully and slowly, roll the dough up using the short side. You will end up with a log that is approx 4 inches long.
Cut the log into 6 equal slices.
Place the cinnamon rolls into a 6 inch baking dish. Cover with foil tightly and create a foil sling.
Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside.
10. Using the foil sling, place the 6 inch baking dish inside of the Instant Pot.
11. Cook on Manual HIGH for 12 minutes then quick release the pressure.
12. While the Cinnamon Rolls are cooking, make the icing.
13. Make the icing by combining all icing ingredients with a hand mixer. Set aside.
14. Turn the oven on to BROIL.
15. After the Cinnamon Rolls are done pressure cooking, take the Cinnamon Rolls out of the Instant Pot. (Yes, they are going to look underdone. That is normal and OKAY!! ?)
16. Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
17. Drizzle on the vanilla icing while they are hot. Eat immediately.