BLT Chicken Wraps are loaded with crispy lettuce, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, cheese and a homemade creamy dressing wrapped inside a flour tortilla. Simple, easy and DELICIOUS!
Easy Chicken Wrap
Lunch can be hard. I mean, I can only handle so many turkey sandwiches. I did work at Subway in high school.. that might be part of the issue here. 😉
Dan brought home a wrap from work a few weeks ago and I think I went straight to wrap heaven. I was sold. I’m pretty much wrapping everything these days; chicken salad, salsa chicken, bbq chicken.. plus wraps are so easy for kids to hold and eat!
As lunch time was nearing and my stomach began to growl louder and louder, I started thinking about lunch, obviously. I had some leftover bacon, lettuce that needed to be used up, and a few roma tomatoes.
I was HUNGRY, though. Like, I needed some protein, stat. So I pulled some pre-cooked chicken out of the freezer and thanked myself for stocking my freezer with cooked things, AKA being awesome.
Are Chicken Wraps Healthy?
This recipe is healthy, fast and easy! I’d like to say that is listed in order of priority, but that would be a serious lie. Fast, tasty then healthy would be 100% more accurate. With this recipe though, you get all three easily!
I usually have about .053 seconds to eat (inhale) lunch on any given day, so fast is definitely the top of my list. I have a few tricks in my back pocket to make this wrap done in no time at all!
I cook, shred or cube and freeze chicken for use at a later time. Having cooked, shredded chicken on hand all the time is such a game changer and time slicer! I use my Instant Pot to prep the chicken, read all about it here!
Microwave bacon from Sam’s or Costco. Buy it, keep your fridge stocked. You can thank me later. 😉
Ingredients In BLT Chicken Wraps
BLT Chicken wraps are the perfect example of super simple ingredients coming together in the most spectacular way.
For the wrap:
- Tortillas- You can use any tortilla you like, you could even use lettuce as the wrap to make these BLT chicken wraps SUPER low carb!
- Chicken- One of the best mom hacks in my book, is cooking up a big batch of shredded chicken to keep in small bags in the freezer. That way I always have cooked chicken on hand to pull out for recipes when I need it. But you can use any cooked chicken you have. I have even used frozen chicken strips! Not the healthiest choice, but it was delicious!
- Bacon- I like to buy microwave bacon in bulk at Sam’s or Costco. It is a quick and easy way to always have bacon on hand. Plus its a super fast, mess free way to make bacon.
- Cheese- I love shredded parmesan, but you can use what you like.
What Sauce goes in the Chicken Wrap?
The homemade dressing is simple, creamy and so dang good that I sometimes literally lick my plate clean.
5 ingredients, that I guarantee you have in your pantry right now, is all you need!
Mayo, milk, vinegar, salt and sugar. Tangy, creamy and the perfect dressing to bring together the other ingredients! Feel free to substitute greek yogurt for the mayo if you’d like!
How to make a BLT Chicken Wrap
To make the wrap, simply whisk together the dressing. I like to keep mine in a mason jar in the fridge (with my beloved ErgoSpout on it for easy pouring!!) so I can eat these for lunch a few days in a row.
To assemble, take your large tortilla/wrap and place chopped leafy green lettuce down the center, add your bacon, cubed chicken, diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Drizzle with the homemade dressing, wrap tightly in the tortilla and then GET IN MY BELLY!
How to Fold a Chicken Wrap
The best way to fold your chicken wrap is by putting the filling into the center of the tortilla, as shown in the photo above. Then fold one long side over the filling, then fold in both of the short sides before rolling the rest of the way. It is important to have a large enough wrap so your filling doesn’t explode out!
Want more Lunch Ideas similar to this Chicken Wrap??
- BLT Chicken Garden Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Alfredo
- Instant Pot chicken Pot Pie
- Teriyaki chicken Bowl
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
FREE 5 DAY INSTANT POT COURSE!!
From unboxing to PRO in just 5 days!! Get comfortable with your Instant Pot, do the water test & GET COOKING!! Full Recipes and exclusive Q&A support included. 🙂
You have Successfully Subscribed!
BLT Chicken Wrap
- 8 cups chopped leafy green lettuce
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 3 cup chicken cooked, shredded
- 2 roma tomato diced
- [email protected] cup fresh parmesan cheese
- large flour tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Wisk the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Store in a mason jar in the fridge.
- To assemble the wrap, place shredded lettuce, bacon, cubed chicken, diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese onto the tortilla wrap.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Wrap tightly in the wrap and enjoy.